Temporary Real Estate, Yard Sale and Construction
Real Estate Sign
A sign displayed for the purpose of offering for sale, lease, or rent the property on which such sign
is erected, affixed, or otherwise established.
A sign which identifies the architects, engineers, contractors, and other individuals or firms involved
with construction on the property, the name of the building or development, the intended purpose
of the building or development, and/or the expected completion date.
1. Only one temporary real estate, yard sale or construction sign is allowed per lot frontage.
2. Temporary real estate, yard sale or constructions signs in RM and nonresidential zoning districts
may not exceed 100 square feet in area or 12 feet in height.
3. Temporary real estate, yard sale or constructions signs in all other zoning districts may not
exceed 36 square feet in area or 6 feet in height.
4. Such signs may not be illuminated.
Temporary Off-Site Real Estate Directional Signs
A temporary sign displayed for the purpose of directing attention to a property or development that
is being offered for sale, lease or rent that is not erected, affixed or otherwise established on
zoning lot being offered for sale, lease or rent.
1. No more than one off-site directional real estate sign per direction and per property,
development or company may be placed at a street intersection where a prospective client must
make a turn to travel to the subject property.
2. Signs for the same developer/builder/company must be spaced at least 600 feet from all other
signs unless they are placed at a street intersection where a prospective client must make a turn to
travel to the subject property.
3. Signs shall not be placed on lands within the public rights-of-way that are entirely surrounded by
public streets, such as roadway medians and traffic islands.
4. Signs shall be placed so as not to interfere with or obstruct pedestrian or vehicular traffic or
obstruct sight distances at intersections.
5. Except with the permission of the property owner or occupant, signs shall not be located in front
of or abutting a lot containing a single-family detached dwelling.
6. Signs shall only be displayed from 12:00 P.M. (noon) on Friday to 12:00 P.M. (noon) the
7. Signs shall be freestanding, may not be anchored to a sidewalk or attached to utility poles or
other structures or appurtenances.
8. Additional devices, including balloons, may not be attached to or otherwise made part of any
9. Such signs may not exceed 6 square feet in area.
(Ord. 11-41 on 3/1/11)