The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) will expire on July 31, denying necessary insurance coverage to homeowners and buyers in more than 20,000 communities nationwide. Congress must act now to reform and extend the NFIP.
Urge Congress to extend the NFIP and pass meaningful reforms to ensure long-term viability of the program
- Reauthorizing and gradually strengthening the NFIP so it is sustainable over the long run;
- Encouraging the development of private market options to offer comparable flood insurance coverage at lower cost than NFIP;
- Providing federal assistance to high-risk property owners, including guaranteed loans, grants and buyouts in order to build to higher standards and keep insurance rates affordable;
- Provide fair flood insurance rates that better reflect the property's flood risk;
- Improving flood map accuracy, so fewer property owners have to file expensive appeals.
Tell Congress to EXTEND NFIP and PASS Flood Insurance Reform
Call for Action: Performance Guarantee/Subdivision Streets
Call for Action: Hurricane Matthew Relief
Call for Action: Tell the US Senate to Work For Future Homebuyers
Call for Action: Urge Passage of the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act
Call for Action: Flood Insurance Issues Could Sink Your Sales
When Congress is considering legislation that affects the real estate industry, NAR calls on its members to act. Simply by contacting your Member of Congress through an e-mail or a phone call, you can ensure that your business remains strong. NAR members join together and speak with one loud, powerful voice.
Protect REALTORS From Patent Troll Abuse
Urge the House and the Senate Extend Mortgage Debt Forgiveness Tax Relief
Urge Congress to Extend TRIA - Terrorism Risk Insurance Act of 2002